Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cheers to 2016!

Happy New Year!



Where did 2015 go? It was just here. People have waited for quite sometime for the holidays to come and suddenly, we're almost done with the first week of the first month of a new year! Whew!

So, have you written down your Goals for 2016? Or are you one who writes down new year's resolutions EVERY YEAR? Goals and resolutions are two different things: a resolution is “a decision or determination to do something” while a goal is “the result toward which effort is directed.”

I've written down my goals for 2016. Those are the things I want to achieve this year for my family which includes my husband, children and our dog, of course, our home, our business, and myself. I've scripted them out in an insert of my Midori Traveler's Notebook which I'm sprinkling out (to borrow the term of Jenny Penton of www.plannerperfect.com) in the monthly, weekly and daily pages of my Hobonichi Cousin 2016 planner. These goals will help me go beyond my to-do lists on a daily basis and will set my direction for the year.


I do not do new year's resolutions. Instead, I've drawn up a set of what I call "Life Resolutions" which I try to live by every day, not just when a new year comes up. Doing these is a lifelong process of my becoming a better person. I do update these resolutions once in a while and they do not need to be just on a new year.

I'd like to share these resolutions with you.

1. Simplify.

2. Learn something new everyday.

3. Be sincere, don’t fake it.

4. If I think it and I feel it, I can do it.

5. Being there.

6. No erasures, wrong spelling wrong.

7. Let the milk spill.

8. Be kind, be compassionate.

9. Keep a promise.

10. Freeze time, take photographs.

11. Keep the golden rule shining.

12. Eat dessert sometimes.

13. Grow old gracefully.

14. Brevity is the name of the game.

15. Good manners, right conduct: timeless!

16. Give until it hurts.

17. Live in the now.

18. Value the right relationships.

19. Love never fails.

20. Hold on to faith.

I've written about these in Blog Watch of the Philippine Online Chronicles on December 5, 2014. Check this out: Life Resolutions.



How about you? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...